Wednesday 1 August 2012

The Bluez

To start looking at bluetooth I installed sudo apt-get install bluez This work with a cheap butooth dongle I had. I did not work out which chip set it was. I could see my iPone on the Raspberry Pi and the Raspberry Pi on my iPhone. Did not do much more than this. I did everything using the command line. There is some good reference on http://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser. However most GUI installs seamed very large so ended up NOT installing blootooth or bluedevil I just installed bluez. To check what will install, apt-get has a simulation mode using -s. It does not tell you the size of files but it lets you know if stuff exists and you get some idea of how much it depends on. eq sudo apt-get install bluez -s. Note that I have not actually paired anything yet. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment